John F. Kennedy [Review]

  I read a book about a man who did his best for peace. John F. Kennedy is the thirty- fifth president of United States. He worked as president for only two years, from 20 January 1961 to 23 November 1963. His term was shorter than other president, but he was loved by people because he had good looking and he was so charming and gave great speeches. According the book I read, Americans can remember his speeches still now and if I listen them I will understand why he beloved. I want to listen them. One of the his famous speeches is, when he won the thirty-fifth president election, ‘Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country’. I think it’s cool. And this book say “ it was a new start of the United States”. After I read this sentence, I felt he was so great one and his appearance was a big change for America, I want someone like him to appear in Japanese politics, but before I say like that I must know about Japanese politics. Not only Kennedy but his wifeJacqueline Bouvier, called Jackie, had great effort with him. She was charming too, and traveled around of America and talked important man with him. According this book “Kennedy and Jackie were different from other Us presidents. In some ways, they were like film stars!” I want to go back his age and look how they were special. 

 At the time of World war 1, he was in navy and when he was on duty near the Solomon island, his ship clashed against Japanese big ship. Two of his man died, a lot of them was injured and he had terrible hurt on his back too, but he swam to island pulling his men couldn’t swim. He became a hero. 

    

After he became president, a lot of big problems happened. One of them is a Berlin Wall. After WW2, the relationship with Soviet got worse and Soviet made a big wall in Berlin. Every one thought there will be war, but Kennedy went to West Berlin himself, and he said. ‘ I am a citizen of Berlin’, ‘We’ll never have another day like this one, as long as we live’. I felt he is very reliable president.

     After 3 months he became president, in 1961, the Cuban crisis happened. Kennedy took over predecessor’s plan to solve it and delivered Cuban people 

コメント