Rainout

 from "True Tales of American Life edited and introduced by Paul Auster"

     This story is about a son and his father. One day they went to watch a baseball day game, but the downpour came and the game resulted in being cancelled. In their car, his father dropped the key and his hat and searched for keys. Son picked the hat and handed it dutifully but it was very soaked and when his father put it his head, water poured and splashed around the car. At the moment, his father roared and it astonished him for father's usual calmness. (His father might be reticent man for son. )He thought father got angry but he said he just laughed. After that, they had a lot of laugh.

     When I finished reading, my heart got warm because this father and son are alike me and my father. My father is a man of few words and we don't talk often. But sometimes we talk about trifle thing with fun like this story. This story looks like us.      

コメント

  1. this father and son are alike me and my father
    this father and son are like my father and me

    返信削除

コメントを投稿